diumenge, 22 de març del 2009

Cold water

Avui sona això al meu cap.




COLD WATER
Tom Waits (Mule variations, 1999).

Well I woke up this morning
with the cold water, with the cold water, with the cold water.
Woke up this morning
with the cold water, with the cold water, with the cold water.


Police at the station
And they don't look friendly, well they don't look friendly, they don't look friendly.
Police at the station
And they don't look friendly, they don't look friendly well, they don't.

Blind or crippled, sharp or dull, I'm reading the Bible by a 40 watt bulb.
What price freedom, dirt is my rug,
Well I sleep like a baby with the snakes and the bugs.

Well the stores are open but I ain't got no money,
I ain't got no money.
Stores are open but I ain't got no money, ain't got no money, well I ain't.

Found an old dog and he seems to like me, seems to like me,
well he seems to like me.
Found an old dog and he seems to like me, seems to like me, well he seems.

Seen them fellows with the card board signs
scrapin up a little $ to buy a bottle of wine.

Pregnant women and the Vietnam vets I say beggin on the freeway
bout as hard as it gets

Well I slept in the graveyard, it was cool and still
Cool and still, i t was cool and still
Slept in the graveyard
It was cool and still, cool and still and it was cool.

Slept all night in the Cedar grove
I was born to ramble born to rove

Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter than ridin the rails.

I LOOK 47 but I'm 24,
well they shooed me away
from here the time before
turned there their backs
and they locked their doors.

I'm watching T.V. in
The window of a furniture store.

Well I woke up this morning
with the cold water ...